"The well-known co-owner of popular businesses such as Fitger's Brewhouse and Burrito Union has been at UMD since 1989. However, after months of questions and an investigation - has been let go."
The violations included the following:
• "Violation of the Regent's Policy on Outside Consulting and Other Commitments and the Administrative Policy on Outside Consulting and Other Commitments.""
• "Violations of the Regent's Policy of Nepotism and Personal Relationships and Administrative Policy on Managing Nepotism and Personal relationships."
• "Untruthfulness during and Office of Equal Opportunity investigation."
• "Violation of the Administrative Policy on Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources."
• Inappropriate sexual conduct with a UMD student on University premises, and during work hours."